Visiting the United Arab Emirates, things to Do and Places to Visit in Dubai
Dubai is the seventh most visited city in the whole world. There is a reason for this. Dubai has the best shopping malls, luxury hotels, man-made islands, and of course, Burj Khalifa. There are numerous activities that you can do in this place including skydiving and ascending the tallest building in the whole world. Dubai should be the next city that you visit in the United Arab Emirates.
Dubai is located on the Persian Gulf found in the northeast of United Arab Emirates. UAE borders the Gulf of Oman, and it is in between Saudi Arabia and Oman.
Best time to go
The ideal time to travel to Dubai is between March and November. During these months it is not too hot.
This city harbors the world’s tallest building which is 830 meters tall. This building is called Burj Khalifa.
- Arabic is the official language in Dubai. English is also used widely in this city.
- In comparison to other states in the middle east, the dress code is a little bit liberal, although, some guidelines dictate what you should wear. When traveling to this city, you will need to wear unrevealing clothes.
- If you are not in a hurry, you can cruise around Dubai using public transport. Public transport usually offers advantages as it is cheaper. You can also use rental cars and taxis.
- The official currency in Dubai is the United Arab Emirates Dirham. Dollars and Euros are accepted here too.
What to do
- If you didn’t know, the entire Dubai and the neighboring country of Iran could be seen from the top of Burj Khalifa. Ascending Burj Khalifa is one thing that you must do when you visit Dubai.
- Visit the Jumeirah Beach where you can bask in the sun or enjoy the cool waters of the Persian Gulf.
- To get a feel for what religion is like in Dubai, visit Jumeirah Mosque. Unlike all other mosques in Dubai, Non-Muslims are allowed inside this mosque.
- To learn more about Dubai’s history, visit Bastakiya Quarter which is a historic district. This place has cultural institutions and art galleries.
- If you love skiing, you can do this at Ski Dubai which is a big indoor winter wonderland where you can enjoy skiing even when the temperatures in Dubai are the hottest.
Where to eat
- Zaroob which is located near Dubai International Financial center is the best place to visit and enjoy tasty Arab dishes.
- If you are a seafood lover, the best place that you should visit is the Bu Qtair Café. Here, you can order fish curry, fried fish, and even BBQ shrimp.
- The Din Tai Fung restaurant will serve you with the best Taiwanese cuisine. You will get to enjoy Xiao long bao, noodles and simple vegetable dishes.
Where to shop
- Dubai shopping mall has over 1000 stores and a large number of food outlets. There is nothing that you need to shop for that you will miss in this mall.
- If you need to buy jewelry and gold bars, there is no better place to go than the Deira Gold Souk. This place is equipped with gold shops where you can buy your gold at the cheapest rates.
- If you are looking to take gifts back home to your family, the best place to buy souvenirs is Karama Shopping Center. This place sells affordable designer clothing, imitation watches, and handcrafted items.
If you have time
- Visit Dubai Miracle Garden. This is the biggest flower garden in the whole world.
- Check out Dubai Aquarium which is the most prominent underwater aquatic zoo.
- Take a break from the city of Dubai and head out to the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve. Here you will be able to see mountain gazelles, sand gazelles, and Arabian Oryx.